The "Università Cattolica di Milano" and the "Università di Milano - Bicocca" offer a joint Ph.D. Program in Economics/ in Economics and Finance.
This program draws on the experience not only of the "Graduate Program in Public Economics" but also of the Ph.D. in Economics (DEP), and of the Ph.D. in "Financial markets and institutions" (MEIF).
The length of the Ph.D. Program is three years, starting at the beginning of November 2016.
Twelve students will be awarded a three-years scholarship (six fellowships shall pay a minimum of € 16.200,00 - gross income per year - while the others will amount to a minimum of € 13.600,00 - gross). The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for our Ph.D. students spending visiting periods abroad. There will also be allowances for short-period mobility (from the second year).
The official Call for Applications (Bando di Concorso) has been published in the Italian Official Journal (Gazzetta Ufficiale) on the 19th of July; it has been posted on the University's and on the Ph.D. Program's websites.
Applications can be sent from the 19th of July to the 5th of September 2016 (h. 2.00 p.m. – Italian time).
Please be aware that it is necessary to complete an on-line application form available here (select the DEFAP admission form on the second position ) and that the documents must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants can find here some information on how to fill the Application Form. All applicants will be informed by e-mail about the outcome of the selection procedure by the end of September 2016.
Candidates who have been considered eligible at the Pre-Application (Stage 1) of the procedure do not need to re-send at this stage documents which have already been submitted, unless candidates want to send an updated version.
Applicants are required to pay a € 100,00 fee. Details of the payment are available in the official Call for Applications.
Applications will be accepted from applicants of all ages and nationalities who hold:
an Italian degree (Diploma di laurea quadriennale, laurea specialistica, laurea magistrale) or a an Italian degree obtained according to the regulations existent before the implementation of the Ministerial Decree of 3 November, 1999, n. 509 and its subsequent amendments and supplements;
- a foreign academic qualification already recognized as equivalent by academic authorities, or recognised in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility;
- a foreign academic qualification that has not yet been recognized equivalent to an Italian degree, provided the candidate includes the documents necessary to reach a decision regarding equivalence, for purposes of admission to the Ph.D. programme only.
Applications may also be submitted by candidates of all nationalities who have not yet graduated but who expect to receive their degree by October 31st, 2016. In this case, the admission to the program is conditional on the candidate submitting a valid certification of the obtained degree. Should this not occur, her/his application will be automatically discarded.
Qualifications and Documents
The following documents must be included when submitting the complete application form to the Ph.D. Program:
for graduates, a certificate of an Italian or foreign degree, plus a transcript including the final overall grade granted as well as the complete list of courses attended and grades received;
- if qualification is pending, a certificate of enrollment to one of the acceptable Italian degree programs or to a foreign academic program, plus a transcript including courses attended and grades received;
- certification of further qualifications, such as a Master degree and any other post-graduate course, with transcripts of courses attended and grades received;
- two confidential letters of recommendation, to be sent directly by the recommenders to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- a research statement (max. 15.000 characters) in which the candidate outlines her/his professional goals and research interests, and provides any other useful information;
- any publication the candidate wishes to submit to the selection committee and a list thereof;
- a copy of an ID document (undersigned)
- a copy of the fiscal code (for Italian nationals only)
- a receipt of the participation fee of € 100,00.
Documents that can be helpful for obtaining a grant, but are not compulsory:
- GMAT or GRE;
- one of the following language certifications: FCE; CAE; CPE; BEC; BRITISH CHAMBER of COMMERCE; TRINITY COLLEGE; TOEFL; IELTS.
The "Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore" does not take any responsibility in the case of mailing delays or of documents losses due to incorrect or incomplete handling by candidates.
Information concerning the Selection procedure, Scholarships, Rights and Duties of Doctoral Students, Awarding of degrees, Acts and documents written in a foreign language, and other relevant issues are contained in the Official Call.
For further information on the Application procedures, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD School
- Research Groups
- Current Students
- Graduating students
- Students' Achievements
- Annual Lectures
- International Co-operation
- Master in Economics and finance
- Summer School DEFAP/LASER 2014